Read A Real Life Story - A Reason Why You Should Quit!
If you are under the impression that other people find it much easier than you to stop smoking, I want to tell you right here and now that you are so wrong!
Well, to be honest, some people are much more strong-willed than others so for some it is easier to stop than for others. However for the majority of us it is just not so easy. If that is the case for you then my
testimonial will hopefully give you more willpower and motivation to take action.
Luckily for me, I am one of the stronger willed people who just decided that enough is enough and gave myself a week to quit. That was about 21 years ago when I was just 17 years old. I am 38 now.
The story I actually want to tell you is about my mother.
Physically my mom have always been a strong woman. Getting a hiding from her was a terrible experience. She was never a drinker. She would just take the occasional drink when I was a teenager.
The only real bad habit she had was the smoking. She was a smoker ever since I can remember. I never understood the impact that her smoking had on her body because she never became ill, never visited a doctor and I can't even remember her ever having a cold. So for me her smoking was working for her.
However, the effects of her smoking started showing when she entered her 50's. her appearance changed, she started looking warn down. She developed diabetes, hypertension, clocked arteries which showed up as a serious heart disease as well as a thyroid problem which made her to swell up to an extent that she could not breathe because her throat was so swollen.
Do not get me wrong, I am not trying to scare you into quitting smoking, but if you know the facts and if you can get an idea of what you will be putting your children through, you might get the strength to quit.
Nevertheless, to make a long story short...my mom developed gangrene and had two toes amputated. I can tell you now, I could not stand to see her suffer so much from the pain. Thereafter she had another one on the other leg. It was amputated above the knee. She never recovered.
She got bed-ridden and I had to care for her 24/7 together with my husband and kids. Her body was so weak that she passed away in January 2012.

No comments:
Post a Comment